Fall 2017 Sessions 1 & 2:
- SESSION 1
- September 11tH – October 26th
- 6 week 1 hour classes $125.00 / 7 week 1 hour classes $140.00
- VPK / K class 1/2 hour 6 weeks $65.00 / 7 week $70.00
- NO CLASSES ON OCT 16TH, 17TH
- SESSION 2
- November 6th – December 21st
- 6 week 1 hour classes $125.00
- VPK / K class 1/2 hour 6 weeks $65.00
- NO CLASSES ON NOV 20TH – 24TH
Now more than ever, Spanish is becoming more mainstream – wouldn’t it be great to have kids naturally identify with other cultures and languages?
How do they get that way?
- Exposing them to the phonetics of another language
- Singing and dancing to encourage participation
- Learning basics of communication
- Making it fun and exciting to learn about the different cultures
- Repetition of material – gradually changing and adding more over time
A little bit about the Españolito classes:
VPK – BEGINNER CLASSES
- Uses songs with which kids are already familiar, such as: Frere Jacques
- Yes sir, that’s my baby
- Head & shoulders, knees & toes
- Interactive games to get them on their feet and play with the different tools and resources (such as puppets, instruments, objects, puzzles, etc.)
- Reading books with large pictures and interactive dialogue
- Very repetitious – each week the children will have the same lessons with only a slight variation. This enhances their learning & retention. The variations will only enhance the vocabulary of which they have already been exposed
- Over time they are able to have an ear for Spanish and be able to have a basic dialogue
- The goal is not for them to be exposed to another culture, but to be immersed. Over time, and with commitment, they will be able to speak with correct vocabulary and conjugation of verbs.
BEGINNER INTERMEDIATE – ADVANCED CLASSES
- Complete Immersion
- Study of Spanish Grammar
- Use of books such as biographies & literary classics to learn reading comprehension, writing, book discussion & ability to debate an opinion.
- Also constant work of vocabulary expansion
VPK / K classes : 30 minutes
Beginner / Intermediate & Advanced 1st & up: 1 hour
When and Where?
- session 1 – sept 11 – oct 23rd – beginners 2:40 – 3:40pm. 6 week session (no class oct 16th) $125.00
- session 2 - nov 6 – dec 18th. beginners 2:40 – 3:40pm. 6 week session (no class nov 20th) $125.00
- session 1 – sept 12 – 24 – 6 weeks (no class oct 17) $125.00
- session 2 – nov 7 – dec 19 – 6 weeks (no class on nov 21st) $125.00
- Montessori by the Sea – advanced beginners *teacher approval required 2:45 – 3:45pm
- Faith Fellowship (6646 1st ave s) – intermediate *teacher approval required 4:15 – 5:15
- session 1 – sept 13 – oct 25th – 7 weeks $140.00
- session 2 – nov 8 – dec 20 – 6 weeks (no class on nov 22nd) $125.00
- Montessori by the Sea – VPK / Kindergarten 2:30 – 3:30 (as this is 1/2 hour class session 1 is $70.00 & session 2 is $62.00)
- Faith Fellowship – advanced *teacher approval required 4:30 – 5:30
- session 1 – sept 14th – oct 26th. 7 week session. $140.00
- session 2 – nov 9th – dec 21st. 6 weeks (no class on nov 23rd) $125.00
- Jamerson – 2:40 – 3:40pm intermediate / advanced *teacher approval required
- Faith Fellowship (6646 1st ave s) – beginners K – 5th 4:15 – 5:15
Classes close at 15 students. If there is a class you would like to attend and it is closed, you may be put on a waiting list.
I will only be accepting new students in the fall sessions & all spring sessions will only be offered to my exisiting students.
If more than 2 classes are missed during a session (i will work with parents on this case by case), your spot may be offered to another child on the waiting list.
*For price & location information of the classes in Jamaica, please contact Cheyenne at email@example.com